CMatos for DS80C400
How to Order
Product Sheet (PDF file)
CMatos, Jini network technology for Dallas Semiconductor DS80C400 Network Microcontroller
The DS80C400 Network Microcontroller is used in small sensors and actuators to factory automation equipment. When these devices become Jini-enabled with CMatos, they have their own self-contained Jini lookup service and can offer their intrinsic services and information as a Java object to other Jini clients, independent of wider area network availability.
In doing so, these devices have the flexibility to access and utilize services on an ad hoc basis, only when and where needed. This powerful combination of CMatos and DS80C400 opens the door for the multitude of computing embedded devices to participate in the next era of autonomous, machine-to-machine communications.
CMatos extends the reach of Java into non-Java devices and enables legacy devices to become Jini network-capable. CMatos is available in even smaller footprints for devices that do not need to register external services.
TINIIm400 Verification module
CMatos lookup code - 16KB
CMatos download code - 36KB
Data memory - 5KB
Total memory requirements (this includes the infrastructure used by CMatos such as the task scheduler and the network stack)
Code memory: 100KB
Data memory: 50KB
- Jini applications are not restricted to the enterprise level but can be developed across a broad range of platforms from big-iron servers, PCs and laptops to PDAs or even embedded sensors, control systems and appliances.
- There is a reduction in the time and cost required to develop and deploy applications through leveraging standard Java and Jini building blocks.
- The technology creates applications and services that work across platforms.
- The technology allows developers to take advantage of Jini's ability to function reliably in dynamic network environments. Points of failure can be minimized or eliminated, maximizing network service access.
- The technology allows developers to minimize management and maintenance overheads.
- Future proofs applications used by clients, ensure they are always current, avoiding costly downtown for upgrading and versioning issues.
CMatos SDK for Dallas Semiconductor DS80C400 Network Microcontroller is available for download here.
Home | Contact Us | Corporate | Investor Relations | Media